You can assign the notification methods you want to use for each order status, such as filled orders, canceled orders, and strategy orders. You may select more than one type of notification for each order type.
- Open a TradeManager window.
- From the menu, click Settings > Preferences. The Trade Manager Preferences dialog is displayed.
- Click the Orders tab.
- Select the order status to assign a notification method to.
- Check the desired notification method(s) setting that you want to apply. An icon representing the notification method(s) you have chosen appears next to the order type.
- Enable email notification - Click Configure to open the Messaging dialog box and enter the email address(es) that you want to use.
- Enable window notification - Check this setting to receive a notification window while you are in TradeStation. To display the notification window as your active window, thus stopping your ability to work on anything until you close the notification window, choose Interrupt what I am doing from the drop-down list box. To display the notification window as a flashing task bar along the bottom of your screen, choose Do not interrupt what I am doing from the drop-down list box. You can then click the task bar to display the notification window when you choose.
- Enable sound notification - Select the sound that you want to apply from the drop-down list box. To preview a sound, click Preview Sound. If you want to use your own sound file, click Browse to navigate to that sound file's location.
If you do not want to receive a notification for a specific order type, select that order type and make sure that all of the check boxes are clear.
- Repeat steps 4 - 5 for each order type to receive a notification.
Click OK to apply changes or Cancel to exit without changes.