The TradeStation Backup dialog allows you to set the configurations for backing up your information so that you can easily access and schedule different backups for specific purposes. See Running or Scheduling a Backup Job for more information.
Access using the menu bar File > Backup/Restore TradeStation > Backup TradeStation menu sequence. The TradeStation Backup dialog is displayed.
See About the Backup and Restore for more information (includes video).
Contains the weekly, monthly and custom backups created to save your information.
- Select the desired interval from the drop-down list. By default, monthly and weekly are listed.
- New - Select this setting to enter a name in the New dialog for the backup you are creating. Backups you create are displayed and accessed from the Backup configurations drop-down list.
- Delete - Select this setting to remove a backup from the Backup configurations drop-down list. The backup you want to remove must be displayed in the Backup configurations drop-down list prior to clicking the Delete button.
- Save As - Select this setting to enter a different name of the existing backup in the Save As. The backup you saved as a different name is displayed and accessed (along with the current backup used to save as a different name) from the Backup configurations drop-down list.
Backup Component Table
The table displays all components and subcomponents of each TradeStation backup item. The Expand/Collapse button displays and/or hides the subcomponents of each component row. A check mark indicates that the component should be included in the archive file.
- Status - Check this setting for TradeStation to set the backup status. At least one component must be included in an archive to start or schedule a backup job. If a setting is clear, the component will not be included in the backup.
- Component - Contains the name of the item in the TradeStation platform (and TradeStation Development Environment) to be selected or deselected to be backed up.
- Details - Contains information about the item of the selected component. An eclipse button allows you to specify additional folders to be used for backup as part of the matching component.
- Select All - Selects all components listed in the dialog.
- Clear All - Deselects all components listed in the dialog.
Backup Locations and Backup Scheduling
- Archive File Name - Contains the name of the backup you created with a time and date stamp of when it was created.
- Destination - Displays the location where the backup archive files are stored for the current backup configuration. Click the Browse button to navigate to a different area from the Browse for Folder dialog if you want to change the archive folder path where your backup is stored.
If Archive(s) with same name already exist
- Continue, keeping last [ ] Archives - Select this setting to specify the number of archive files to retain for the current backup configuration.
- Replace existing Archive(s) - Select this setting to save the most recent archive file for the current backup configuration.
Scheduling Automatic Backup Job
- Check the Schedule Automatic Backup Job setting to determine when to schedule the backup job to run automatically.
- Time - Enter the desired time to schedule to start the backup process.
- Daily - Select this setting if you want to run the backup on a daily basis. You can have the backup run on weekdays only or run every day.
- Weekly - Select this setting to run the backup on a particular day of the week.
- Monthly - Select this setting to have your backup run on monthly.
- Day - Select this setting and enter the calendar day to have your backup run on a monthly basis.
- The first [ ] - Select this setting and choose the desired day of the week to have your backup run on a monthly basis.
Click Start Backup to run the selected backup job, click Close to save your changes or Cancel to exit without changes.The TradeStation Backup Status dialog is displayed informing you that running a backup job will temporarily suspend normal operation.
If TradeStation is open when a backup job is run, either manually or scheduled, the connection to the TradeStation data network will be closed and all TradeStation-related processes will be stopped or frozen so that all necessary files can be included in the archive. During the backup process, windows will not update, alerts will not trigger, strategy automation will be suspended, and orders may not be placed. Once the backup job is complete, all open desktops and data network connections should return to their pre-backup state.