The Notification Preferences dialog allows you to set messaging preferences for TradeStation features that have alert capabilities, such as analysis techniques and news items. If you prefer, you can select multiple notification types simultaneously.
To access the Notification Preferences dialog:
Use the View>Message Center menu sequence and then click the Preferences icon on the Message Center toolbar.
From the Chart Analysis, OptionStation Analysis, and RadarScreen windows; use the the Format>Analysis Techniques menu sequence, click Format, select the Format Indicator - Alerts dialog tab, check Enable Alert, and click Configure.
From the News window; choose Format Filter from the right-click shortcut menu, select the News Filter - Alerts dialog tab, check Enable Alert, and click Configure.
Contains the settings to receive sound notifications while you are in TradeStation.
- Beep - Select this setting to hear a beep sound for your sound notification.
- Sound - Select this setting to hear the selected sound for your sound notification. Using the Sound setting allows you to customize the type of sound and how it is played using Play once or Play continuously.
- Select the desired sound from the drop-down list.
- Configure - Browses for a .wav file to use for the sound notification.
- Play - Play the sound you selected from the drop-down list.
- Play once/Play continuously - Select the desired setting in how you want the sound to be played.
- Voice (text to speech) - Select this setting to have your alerts spoken to you in a computer voice.
Contains the settings that opens a notification window while you are in TradeStation. You can select a pop-up notification window and set the amount of time it is displayed or you can select a flashing icon displayed in your .
- Pop-up window: [time duration] - Select this setting to have a window pop-up for a selected period of time.
- Configure - Launches the Pop-up Configuration dialog.
- Flash icon in system tray - Select this setting for the alert to notify you by using the Windows system tray.
Contains the settings to send a text message to one or more email addresses or text/SMS cellular numbers.
- Configure - Provides additional types of messaging from the Messaging dialog.
Click OK to apply changes or Cancel to exit without changes.